The senator recently spoke with NW NPR and was quoted as saying, “The numbers we just received by phone says in the last six months there’s $60m to $80 million dollars have gone into start-ups.”
What types of new marijuana start-ups might be coming to Oregon?
The senator was tight-lipped on the details, but word is that you can expect new marijuana businesses in Oregon to explore:
- improving CBD and terpene extraction processes
- improving grow techniques to reduce water and energy usage
- industrial hemp and CBD Oil production
- transdermal patch technology to allow for absorption of THC and/or CBD thru the skin
- techniques and technology to decrease plant susceptibility to mold, mildew and insects